Gas leak: Firefighters, We Energies crew on scene near Linnwood and Murray
MILWAUKEE (WITI) — Firefighters on Tuesday, June 3rd responded to area near Linnwood Avenue and Murray Avenue in Milwaukee for a gas leak.
It happened just after 3:00 p.m. Tuesday.
A deputy fire chief with the Milwaukee Fire Department tells FOX6 News a one-inch gas main was struck.
Firefighters set up water hoses as a precaution in case anything on scene ignited — but the hoses didn’t have to be used.
The deputy fire chief tells FOX6 News a couple of homes near the gas leak were evacuated — but no one was injured.
A We Energies crew was dispatched to the scene — and was able to quickly get the situation under control.
The official cause of the gas leak hasn’t yet been confirmed.
A We Energies spokesperson tells FOX6 News the gas line was pinched to stop the flow of gas. Two customers were without gas service as crews repaired the gas main.