Chase & crash: Two taken into custody following police pursuit that ended in Greenfield

This is an archived article and the information in the article may be outdated. Please look at the time stamp on the story to see when it was last updated.

GREENFIELD (WITI) — Two people were taken into custody Tuesday night, July 22nd following a police pursuit. Muskego police tell FOX6 News the chase began in Waukesha County and made its way to the area of 60th and Layton in Greenfield.

The pursuit began around 8:30 p.m. in Muskego — and made its way into New Berlin and onto I-43 — finishing up in Greenfield, according to Muskego police.

According to officials, Muskego police began pursuing a subject wanted by the Waukesha County Metro Dug Enforcement Group on drug related charges.

Officials say the suspect was also entered as a “Missing Endangered” and wanted by the West Allis police in connection with a weapon related “Reckless Endangering Safety.”

Once the pursuit entered the City of New Berlin, New Berlin Police took over. At that time, the pursuit headed northbound on Moorland Rd. to I-43, then northbound on I-43 into Milwaukee County.

New Berlin officers continued to pursue eastbound on I-894.

The suspect vehicle exited at 60th Street, then attempted to re-enter I-894 and crashed.

Following the crash, two suspects fled from the vehicle.

The wanted suspect jumped a fence on the freeway ramp and broke his leg upon landing.

While attempting to continue to flee on foot, he discarded a semi-automatic pistol and bag of marijuana.

He was subsequently taken into custody by New Berlin officers in the vicinity.

Both the discarded weapon and drugs were recovered.

The suspect was transported to Waukesha Memorial Hospital where he is being guarded by New Berlin Police.

The second suspect also fled on foot. He evaded officers for approximately one hour and 15 minutes.

The New Berlin, Greenfield and Muskego Police Departments, as well as the Waukesha and Milwaukee County Sheriff’s Offices all worked together in maintaining a perimeter and conducting a manhunt for the second suspect.

He was subsequently found and taken into custody in the area of 51st and Armour Ave.

He was treated for heat-related medical issues and transported to Waukesha Memorial Hospital.

The matter is still under investigation and all related charges will be referred to the Waukesha County District Attorney’s Office.

Notice: you are using an outdated browser. Microsoft does not recommend using IE as your default browser. Some features on this website, like video and images, might not work properly. For the best experience, please upgrade your browser.