If you love watermelon, but are sick of eating it in plain old slices or chunks, maybe you should try a watermelon salad. In today's Dining with Duria, Angelica mixes up watermelon, basil and feta cheese for a fresh twist on a summer favorite.
- ½ seedless watermelon, cut into bite-sized cubes
- ½ cucumber, chopped into cubes
- ¼ jicama, chopped into cubes (optional)
- Thinly Sliced red onion, amount varies by taste
- Handful or two of baby arugula
- Handful or two of basil, sliced into strips
- Handful or two of goat cheese or feta cheese (or both!)
- lemon juice
- Olive oil
- Balsamic vinegar
- Salt & pepper to taste
Lightly toss together all the food in a large bowl. Squeeze a little bit of lemon juice on top. Drizzle olive oil and balsamic vinegar to taste. Add salt & pepper to taste. Toss again and serve cold.