THE LATEST: Fr. James Dokos pleads not guilty to charge of felony theft
MILWAUKEE (WITI) — A former Milwaukee-area priest accused of stealing from his church pleaded not guilty on Tuesday, August 26th to a charge of felony theft. The accused is Fr. James Dokos.
Prosecutors say Dokos took more than $100,000 from Annunciation Greek Orthodox Church in Wauwatosa when he was a priest there. If convicted, Dokos faces up to 10 years in prison.
Dokos is due back in court in December.
- Facing a Class G felony for theft, Father James Dokos is a “no show” in court…again
- “It’s very hard:” Annunciation Greek Orthodox Church trying to move on after priest accused of embezzling
- Priest accused of stealing from church makes his first appearance in court
- Charged with a felony: Greek Orthodox priest accused of improperly spending funds from trust account
- On unpaid leave: Greek Orthodox priest who used to serve in Milwaukee could soon face criminal charges
- Parishioners learn details of possible priest embezzlement
- Former Wauwatosa priest suspected of stealing from his church