Construction crew strikes gas line on S. Howell in Oak Creek
OAK CREEK (WITI) — We Energies crews on Monday, September 22nd were dispatched to the scene of a gas leak occurring in Oak Creek.
Crews were dispatched to the scene shortly before 11:00 a.m. Monday.
We’re told a construction crew hit a gas main in the 9400 block of S. Howell Avenue.
A We Energies spokesman says a six-inch gas main was struck and damaged. We Energies crews stopped the flow of natural gas to the damaged gas line.
Seven We Energies customers were without service until repairs were complete.
There is no word on any evacuations at this time.
Monitor FOX6 News and FOX6Now.com for updates on this story.