Impeachment trial of President Trump: How to watch it on TV and online with FOX6 News

Kitchen fire causes significant damage to condo near 72nd and Brown Deer

This is an archived article and the information in the article may be outdated. Please look at the time stamp on the story to see when it was last updated.

MILWAUKEE (WITI) — Milwaukee Fire officials say an accidental cooking fire caused significant damage to a condo in the Whispering Hills complex near N. 72nd and Brown Deer Road.

We’re told the fire started in the kitchen on the condo’s first floor.

The owner of the condo was the only person home at the time of the fire, and managed to safely evacuate.

The fire caused significant damage to the condo — estimated at $100,000 to the structure and $70,000 to its contents.

Fire officials say one firefighter suffered a minor injury — as he developed blisters while fighting the fire.

No other condos were damaged by the fire.

The fire was called in around 5:30 p.m.

The American Red Cross is assisting the condo’s owner.

Notice: you are using an outdated browser. Microsoft does not recommend using IE as your default browser. Some features on this website, like video and images, might not work properly. For the best experience, please upgrade your browser.