Five taken to hospital following carbon monoxide leak near Greenfield & Layton Boulevard

This is an archived article and the information in the article may be outdated. Please look at the time stamp on the story to see when it was last updated.

MILWAUKEE (WITI) —  Five people were transported to the hospital Friday morning, October 17th following a carbon monoxide leak.

Crews responded to a residence near Greenfield Avenue and Layton Boulevard around 5:30 a.m. for a medical alert alarm.

When crews arrived on scene, their carbon monoxide monitors started going off.

Four adults and one child were evacuated and transported to the hospital.

Officials say the leak was caused by a faulty furnace.

 

Notice: you are using an outdated browser. Microsoft does not recommend using IE as your default browser. Some features on this website, like video and images, might not work properly. For the best experience, please upgrade your browser.