BERLIN (WITI) -- Those who live in the city of Berlin are still in shock after a double murder last month.
Melissa Tunistra and Justin Daniels were found shot to death on September 27th.
Tunistra's estranged husband, Nicholas Tunistra has been charged in connection with their deaths.
On Wednesday night, October 29th, the city held its first "Take Back the Night" walk. Family members and friends of the victims were on hand -- working to raise awareness about domestic violence.
Daniels' parents hope others can learn from their story.
"Make everybody aware and hopefully it can help others, even though we lost loved ones," Daniels' father Ron Daniels said.
"It's very important so people stop all this badness, these shootings and killing people. It shouldn't happen," Daniels' mother Terry Gallego said.
Nicholas Tunistra is scheduled to be back in court next week.
- Estranged husband of woman found fatally shot with man in Berlin, Wis. faces homicide charges, life in prison
- Nicholas Tuinstra in custody in Berlin double homicide; now police need help in search for murder weapon
- Victims in double homicide in Berlin, Wis. suffered multiple gunshot wounds
- THE LATEST: Man questioned for double homicide in Berlin, Wis. released
- Double homicide in Berlin, Wis. prompts an Amber Alert: Missing girl is safe with relatives