OUCH! Dad comes to rescue after glow stick explodes in boy’s hands

This is an archived article and the information in the article may be outdated. Please look at the time stamp on the story to see when it was last updated.

(WITI) — Here’s proof that glow sticks and microwaves don’t mix.

A kid learned that lesson the hard way after a warning from his father.  But dad came to his rescue after the glow stick exploded all over they boy’s shirt.

The boy, identified as Jack in the video, was under the impression that glow sticks become brighter if you microwave them.  He stuck the stick in the microwave for 30 seconds. Everything appeared fine when he retrieved it from the microwave.  Then after a quick shake, the glow stick exploded in his hands.

WARNING: Some of the language in the video below is not suitable for all viewers

1 Comment

  • Jcwaarvik@aol.com

    Dad didn’t come to the rescue! He was more concerned about the boy’s shirt. That was not the moment to be mad.

Comments are closed.

Notice: you are using an outdated browser. Microsoft does not recommend using IE as your default browser. Some features on this website, like video and images, might not work properly. For the best experience, please upgrade your browser.