An appetizer that will truly warm you up! Angelica Horken from the Wisconsin Beef Council joins FOX6 WakeUp to share her recipe for Beef & Kale Queso Fundido.
- 8 ounces cooked (leftover) beef Pot Roast, finely chopped (about 1-1/2 cups) or Ground Beef crumbles (about 1-1/2 cups)
- 1 can (10 ounces) diced tomatoes with mild green chilies, undrained
- 1/2 cup beer
- 2 cups shredded reduced-fat Mexican cheese blend
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1 cup finely chopped kale leaves
- Serving suggestions: Tortilla chips, celery sticks, carrot sticks, apple slices, pita wedges, toasted baguette slices
- Combine tomatoes and beer in medium saucepan; bring to a boil over medium heat6. Meanwhile, toss cheese with cornstarch until coated.
- Reduce heat to low; cook 3 to 5 minutes, adding cheese mixture, 1/2 cup at a time, and stirring constantly until cheese is melted. Do not boil.
- Stir in beef and kale; continue cooking 3 to 5 minutes or until beef is heated through, stirring frequently. Pour into serving dish. Serve immediately with Serving Suggestions, as desired.
Makes 8-12 appetizer servings.