Important resources to help you navigate the coronavirus (COVID-19) pandemic in Wisconsin
Hub for reliable, timely news about COVID-19 pandemic

Boys seriously burned while roasting marshmallows when one threw gasoline onto bonfire

This is an archived article and the information in the article may be outdated. Please look at the time stamp on the story to see when it was last updated.

FITCHBURG, Mass. (AP) — Two Massachusetts boys who were roasting marshmallows suffered serious burns when one of them threw gasoline onto a bonfire.

Officials say 14-year-old Jameson Carroll and his 11-year-old brother, Jaxon, were enjoying the bonfire in their backyard on Saturday evening, November 15th when the accident happened.

Deputy Fire Chief Thomas Dateo says the boys’ mother was inside the family home getting more marshmallows when one of the boys threw a gas container onto the fire to make it bigger. The container exploded. The boys’ mother and a neighbor put out the flames.

Authorities say Jaxon suffered first- and second-degree burns to his face, while Jameson has less-serious burns to his legs. The brothers are listed in stable condition at Shriners Hospitals for Children in Boston.

Notice: you are using an outdated browser. Microsoft does not recommend using IE as your default browser. Some features on this website, like video and images, might not work properly. For the best experience, please upgrade your browser.