Frightening: Woman improves after scarf caught in conveyor belt
SALT LAKE CITY (AP) — Hospital officials say a University of Utah student employee who was choked as her scarf was caught in a conveyor belt has improved to fair condition.
University of Utah hospital spokeswoman Marissa Villasenor says the woman is recovering and her condition was upgraded Friday morning.
University officials said the woman had been working in a loading area at a school campus store on Wednesday when her scarf got caught while dangling over a machine.
The scarf started to tighten and constrict her airway.
Co-workers freed the woman and first responders helped her breathe again.
Officials have not released the woman’s identity, citing a family request for privacy.