WEST MILWAUKEE (WITI) -- A fundraiser was held on Wednesday, February 4th to benefit Alexia Dailey and her family. Dailey was one of four people stabbed in a duplex near 39th and Clybourn earlier this month -- allegedly by 20-year-old Ruben Garcia.
Garcia has pleaded not guilty to the charges filed against him, and he will stand trial. Garcia's daughter, five-month-old Kairii Dailey, and 39-year-old Paul Kucharczyk died in the stabbing incident. Two other victims, 19-year-old Alexia Dailey and her 22-year-old boyfriend, Christopher Hamilton suffered stab wounds that were treatable.
The Culver's restaurant in West Milwaukee held a fundraiser in Alexia Dailey's honor Wednesday. Dailey used to work at the restaurant. 10% of sales Wednesday will be donated to Dailey and her family.
"I notice a lot of different faces in here as opposed to our regular lunch hour crowd so that tells me a lot of people are coming in, and from what I hear from people, they're coming in to help her out," the Culver's manager said.
Police say Ruben Garcia, Dailey's ex-boyfriend and the father of her young daughter intended to kill Dailey and her boyfriend, Christopher Hamilton. He succeeded in killing family friend Paul Kucharczyk and his own daughter, police say.
"I don`t know how you survive losing a little infant. There`s just really no words you can say, so maybe this good deed, people coming and taking part and helping, maybe that eases a little of their pain," a Culver's customer said.
"It was such a tragic deal and now with all these people coming together it really makes you feel good about mankind. Yes, people are still good. The community is really good," the Culver's manager said.
And they proved it by simply buying lunch or dropping a dollar in a donation bucket.
"It`s the least I can do. I mean, I have to eat anyway, you know?" a Culver's customer said.
The money raised will go toward Dailey's medical expenses and five-month-old Kairii Dailey's funeral expenses.
- Ruben Garcia CHARGED in connection with stabbing incident that left two dead, two wounded
- IDENTIFIED: Five-month-old baby girl, 29-year-old man stabbed to death near 39th and Clybourn
- When it comes to domestic violence, city leaders urge everyone to SPEAK UP
- Five-month-old baby, man fatally stabbed, three others hurt on Milwaukee’s west side
- CLICK HERE to access a Go Fund Me page established by Kairii Dailey’s family.
- CLICK HERE to access a Go Fund Me page established to benefit Christopher Hamilton.
- CLICK HERE to access a Go Fund Me page established for Paul Kucharczyk.