Live in the city of Milwaukee? Here’s what you need to know about garbage/recycling pickup this week
MILWAUKEE (WITI) — The City of Milwaukee Department of Public Works has resumed garbage and recycling collections on Wednesday, February 4th, 2015 following a 48-hour snow emergency as a result of this weekend’s winter storm.
The City of Milwaukee has a year-round set-out policy for garbage carts. Residents who have curb pick-up must take their carts to the curb. For alley pick-up, residents must shovel out their carts so DPW crews can access them for uninterrupted service.
The game plan:
- DPW crews will work 10-hour days through Saturday, February 7th to catch up on collections.
- Wednesday, February 4th: Crews are collecting carts from residences scheduled for pick-ups on Monday, February 2nd and Tuesday, February 3rd.
- Because crews are working extended hours and starting work earlier than 7:00 a.m., residents who have curb pick-up should take their carts to the curb the night before rather than the morning of collection so they are not missed.
- Collections are running ONE DATE LATE. Residents scheduled for Wednesday pick should take their carts to the curb on Wednesday night for collection on Thursday, February 5th.
- Residents scheduled for Thursday pick-up should take their cart(s) to the curb on Thursday night for Friday pick-up. Residents scheduled for a Friday pick-up should take their carts to the curb on Friday night for a Saturday pick-up.
For information on garbage and recycling schedules by address, please call (414) 286-CITY or check the DPW website at www.city.milwaukee.gov/mpw.