CO scare: Health care center evacuated after carbon monoxide alarm sounds
RACINE (WITI) — The Aurora Health Care Center in Waterford was evacuated on Thursday morning, February 12th after a carbon monoxide (CO) alarm sounded.
The alarms sounded shortly after 8:30 a.m. — and the building was immediately evacuated. The Racine Fire Department assisted with the building evacuation — and then helped ventilate the structure.
Officials tell FOX6 News nobody was hurt or sickened by the CO fumes.
Building maintenance crews were called in to detect from where the leak was coming.
Aurora Health Care Center released the following statement:
The Aurora Health Center in Waterford was evacuated this morning around 8:30 a.m. as a precaution after a carbon monoxide leak was suspected. Officials from WE Energies and the fire department responded, and the building was evacuated and ventilated. The clinic will remained closed for the day and is expected to resume normal operations Friday.
The building was closed for the day Thursday, but normal hours will resume on Friday.
Monitor FOX6 News and FOX6Now.com for updates on this developing story.