We Energies crews called out to gas leak on E. Main Street in Port Washington
PORT WASHINGTON (WITI) — We Energies crews were called out to the 100 block of E. Main Street in Port Washington Tuesday morning, February 24th to deal with a gas leak.
The call came in shortly after 10:00 a.m.
A We Energies spokeswoman says natural gas was found to be blowing from a pipe, but it was venting into the open air, so it was diluted in the air.
We Energies crews arrived on scene and found that they could shut off a valve to stop the flow of natural gas.
Nine customers were without service until repairs were complete.