Lakeshore flood advisory for Sheboygan and Ozaukee counties until 9 a.m. Saturday
Winter weather advisory issued for SE Wisconsin through 6 p.m. Saturday

We Energies crews called out to gas leak on E. Main Street in Port Washington

This is an archived article and the information in the article may be outdated. Please look at the time stamp on the story to see when it was last updated.

PORT WASHINGTON (WITI) — We Energies crews were called out to the 100 block of E. Main Street in Port Washington Tuesday morning, February 24th to deal with a gas leak.

The call came in shortly after 10:00 a.m.

A We Energies spokeswoman says natural gas was found to be blowing from a pipe, but it was venting into the open air, so it was diluted in the air.

We Energies crews arrived on scene and found that they could shut off a valve to stop the flow of natural gas.

Nine customers were without service until repairs were complete.

Notice: you are using an outdated browser. Microsoft does not recommend using IE as your default browser. Some features on this website, like video and images, might not work properly. For the best experience, please upgrade your browser.