Tragic: Eight-year-old boy dies after getting head stuck in neighborhood gate in Las Vegas

This is an archived article and the information in the article may be outdated. Please look at the time stamp on the story to see when it was last updated.

LAS VEGAS (WITI) — An eight-year-old boy died on Tuesday, March 3rd after getting his head stuck in his neighborhood’s automatic gate.

The boy apparently became stuck as he was trying to crawl through an open space where the gate’s automatic arm was, according to Las Vegas police.

“Another child on a bike rode over the sensor that activated the gate as the boy was crawling through,” police said in a news release. “He couldn’t get out in time and was crushed by the arm of the gate.”

The boy was taken with severe injuries. He later died.

1 Comment

Comments are closed.