Three people displaced after fire at home in Village of Summit

This is an archived article and the information in the article may be outdated. Please look at the time stamp on the story to see when it was last updated.

VILLAGE OF SUMMIT (WITI) — Three people were displaced following a fire that occurred at a home on Sunset Drive in the Village of Summit on Tuesday afternoon, May 19th.

A mother and a 22-year-old and 14-year-old were able to escape safely.

It happened shortly before 4:00 p.m.

It is believed the fire started in the kitchen.

Two dogs died in the fire, and two cats were able to be saved.

The family is staying at a hotel, and the Red Cross is assisting them with food and transportation.