LAKE GENEVA -- What are you doing this weekend? How about heading to Lake Geneva's first ever restaurant week. Chef Ricky Lund from Abbey Resort joins FOX6 WakeUp with more.
Beef Tenderloin Au Poivre
Peppercorn Cognac Cream, Parmesan Risotto
6oz. Beef Tenderloin (Cut into 3each 2oz. medallions)
- 5oz. Risotto (Par cooked Arborio Rice)
- 3oz. Chicken Stock
- 3oz. Heavy Cream
- 2oz. Parmesan Cheese
- 1T. Butter
- S&P To Taste
Au Poivre Sauce:
- 1T. Cracked black
- 4oz. Brandy
- 6oz. Heavy Cream
- 2oz. English Pea Puree
- 1oz. Balsamic Reduction
- In small sauté pan over medium heat add par cooked Risotto and Chicken stock. Allow Rice to absorb the stock. Once almost dry finish with Heavy Cream, Butter, S&P, and Parmesan.
- Season Beef with Salt and Pepper. Sear Beef in medium sauté pan over high heat.
- Once both sides of Beef are seared finish in oven to desired temperature. Remove from heat at this point and allow to rest.
Au Poivre Sauce
- Toast Cracked Black Pepper in dry sauté pan.
- Add 4oz. Brandy to Toasted Black Pepper. Allow to flame up and burn off. Once flames dissipate allow to reduce down till pan is dry. Add heavy cream and allow to reduce to sauce consistency.
- On a large plate drizzle Pea puree in a large circle just inside the rim of plate.
- Drizzle balsamic reduction in similar motion on top of Pea puree.
- Place risotto in middle of plate and top with Beef filets fanning them out.
- Spoon 1.5oz of au poivre sauce on top of Beef and serve