DOT issues travel advisory ahead of Kenny Chesney, Jason Aldean concert at Lambeau Field
GREEN BAY — The Wisconsin Department of Transportation (WisDOT) Northeast Region in Green Bay is reminding motorists heading to Lambeau Field on Saturday, June 20 for the Kenny Chesney concert that I-41 in Brown County from Oneida Street north to Suamico in Brown County, and adjacent roadways and intersections, are under construction.
Barrier walls, orange barrels, lane closures, narrow lanes, and concert traffic will affect travel, especially following the concert.
Motorists should especially avoid accessing I-41 via Oneida Street interchange in Ashwaubenon following the concert. Access to Oneida Street prior to the concert should also be avoided.
WisDOT strongly recommends motorists allow themselves additional time to reach their destinations and check WisDOT 511 online (www.511wi.gov) or call 511. Additionally, motorists are advised to remain alert and plan on exercising patience as they drive through the Green Bay area.
Here is a list of the major roads in northeast Wisconsin most concert goers will be traveling as they head for the concert and the road conditions they should anticipate:
I-41 and Oneida Street Interchange and Oneida Street
- Oneida Street under I-41 is under construction. Only one lane is open on Oneida Street northbound and southbound on Oneida Street. This area will experience backups and long delays. Drivers should find another interchange access point to get to Lambeau Field prior to the concert and onto I-41 following the concert.
- Motorists can use Ashland, Lombardi, WIS 172, Mason Street or Shawano Avenue as an access point onto city streets heading toward Lambeau Field.
All construction on I-41 project will cease on Saturday, although barrier walls, narrow lanes and orange barrels will be present in various locations.
- Brown County
- Drivers will encounter 11-foot travel lanes and reduced shoulders in multiple locations along a 10-mile segment of highway. The speed limit is reduced to 55 mph from just south of Grant Street to Lineville Road. Temporary barrier wall at various locations will cause traffic to slow.
- Winnebago and Outagamie County
- Drivers should expect portions of I-41 in Winnebago County to WIS 15 in Outagamie County to be restricted to two lanes in each direction. Drivers will encounter reduced speed limits on I-41 and WIS 441. Please expect congestion and slow travel.
I-41 and WIS 172 Interchange
- All ramps are open, but motorists should expect congestion and potential delays at this interchange, especially following the concert.
I-43 and I-41 Interchange
- Northbound I-41 ramp to southbound I-43 is CLOSED until the end of August, 2015 for construction of the new I-41 northbound lanes. Please plan an alternate route.
- I-43 between Atkinson Drive and I-41 is reduced to one lane of travel. Please expect congestion and slow travel.
If you are involved in a crash:
WisDOT’s Division of State Patrol advises you to immediately call 911 if you are involved in a crash. If there are no injuries and the vehicles can be moved, report the other vehicle plate numbers as you may then be advised to move off the main portion of the roadway to a crash investigation site or to a ramp out of traffic. This will assist first responders in reaching you while helping to clear traffic delays during the critical travel times before and following the concert.
Additionally, if your vehicle becomes disabled in the I-41 work zone between De Pere and Suamico, notify authorities immediately. WisDOT will send a Freeway Service Team vehicle to your location. Motorists can then contact their motor club or towing preference after WisDOT has relocated your vehicle to a more accessible and safe location.
Travelers should allow extra time and can check online for real-time traffic information, including travel times, lane closures and incidents, at WisDOT 511 online (www.511wi.gov) or by calling 511.