MILWAUKEE -- We're back with Kyle Cherek once again as our grilling week continues -- and today we smoked seafood. Greg Leon of Amilinda joins Real Milwaukee to talk about the ins and outs of grilling oysters.
Grilled Oysters with Charred Citrus Vinaigrette
- 1 doz. Large Oysters, shucked, top shell removed.1 Lg. Lemon, halved
- 1 Lg. Orange, halved
- 1 Lg. Sprig of fresh Tarragon, minced
- 1 Lg. Sprig of fresh Thyme, minced
- ¼ Tsp. Worcestershire Sauce
- ¼ C. Olive Oil
- Kosher Salt
- Black Pepper, freshly ground
- Start a medium-heat fire in a charcoal grill, or set a gas grill to medium
- Grill Lemons and Oranges cut side down until charred, about 8 to 10 min.
- Squeeze the juice of the charred citrus into a bowl with the Olive Oil and herbs, season with salt and pepper.
- Place Oysters, shell side down, on the grill and cover with grill lid, cook until Oysters have plumped and begin to curl around the edges, 3 to 5 min.
- Transfer to a platter and drizzle with the Citrus Vinaigrette.