Celebrity Chef Rossella Rago’s Festa Italiana Recipe
MILWAUKEE — Festa Italiana 2015 is going on this weekend in Milwaukee.
Celebrity Chef Rossella Rago the host of “Cooking with Nonna” is back in town for her third Festa.
Rago stopped by Fox6 Weekend WakeUp to share one of her Festa Italiana recipes.
Festa Italiana is open Saturday and Sunday at Maier Festival Park.
Check out the links for more information:
Festa Italiana: www.festaitaliana.com
Rossella Rago: www.cookingwithnonna.com
Tripoline with Sausage and Whipped Ricotta
- 1 Lb Sweet Italian Sausage (removed from the casing)
- 28 Oz Red Gold Diced Tomatoes
- 2 Cloves garlic sliced
- 1/2 Cup white wine
- Leaves of fresh basil
- 1 Cup Whole Milk Ricotta
- 1 lb Tripoline pasta or any other long cut pasta that you prefer (Tagliatelle, Fettuccine)
- 3-4 Tbsp extra virgin Olive Oil
- 1/2 Cup Pecorino Romano Cheese
- Put the Ricotta into a food processor or a blender. Let it run for about 30 seconds. Scoop out and set aside.
- In a large sauté pan add a table spoon of olive oil and start browning the sausage on high heat. With a slotted spoon, transfer the sausage to a plate leaving the fat rendered from it in the pan. Add the rest of the oil to the pan and sauté the garlic until golden.
- Add the white wine and reduce. Scraping up the fond from the bottom of the pan.
- Add the Red Gold Diced Tomatoes, basil and salt to taste.
- Add the sausage back into the pan and cook for 7-10 minutes.
- Cook the pasta until Al Dente and add it to the sauce mixing well.
- Turn the heat off and add the Pecorino cheese letting the residual heat melt it into the pasta.
- Scoop into bowls and garnish with whipped ricotta.