MILWAUKEE -- You still have a chance to plan a Labor Day weekend getaway. Deals are out there to be had, but time is ticking. Travel expert Tom Spagnola joins FOX6 WakeUp with some tips.
- Join loyalty programs, utilize point systems, monitor the airlines’ social media pages and join their email lists. Join frequent flyer programs and sign up for rewards credit cards that are branded with the airline.
- Additionally, social media pages and email blasts will update consumers frequently with flash sales and deals.
- Book through comparative websites. Websites such as CheapOair, allow travelers to compare across all airlines, and have a portfolio of products that include airfare on over 450 global airlines, 150,000 hotels and hundreds of car rentals.
- Consumers should search for flights on a Monday or Tuesday morning, after the airlines have processed demand for flights over the weekend
- Book outbound and return flights on off-peak days, such as Monday through Thursday, with a Saturday night stay.
- Taking advantage of red-eye flights instead of prime time flights can also help customers save a dramatic amount of money.
The top destinations for LDW travel are as follows:
|Most Popular U.S. Destinations||Avg. Roundtrip Airfare|
|Most Popular International Destinations||Avg. Roundtrip Airfare|