MILWAUKEE -- Chef Foster Deadman from US Foods has been conjuring up some awesome apple recipes to go along with the season. Some of them are great fun for kids too! He joined us in studio on Wednesday, October 7th.
Bacon and Caramel Greek Yogurt Cream Cheese Stuffed Apples
- 3 ea. Granny Smith apples (cut in half with the core removed)
- 2 oz. Greek Yogurt Cream cheese
- 1 cup Melted Caramel
- 1/4 cup Chopped and crispy bacon
- Bring Caramel up to the proper temperature so that it is smooth and light making it easier to work with.
- Ensure that the apples are at room temperature to make them easier to work with
- Split the Apples in half and remove the core
- Fill the center with Cream cheese and level off to make sure that the surface is smooth
- Place apple half in a large spoon and cover the top of the apple with caramel
- Quickly but carefully top with chopped bacon
- Serve and enjoy