MILWAUKEE -- FOX6 and the Greater Milwaukee Foundation are teaming up to bring you Gifts to the Community – unique experiences that highlight the remarkable resources the community has to offer – as we celebrate the Greater Milwaukee Foundation’s 100 years of service to the Milwaukee area.
The November Gift to the Community is free admission to Holiday Folk Fair International on Sunday, November 22nd. Visitors will enjoy a day full of traditional music and dance, food and shopping, arts, crafts and demonstrations, all celebrating the diverse cultural heritage of Wisconsinites.
What: Holiday Folk Fair International
Where: Wisconsin State Fair Park Exposition Center, 8200 W. Greenfield Ave., West Allis, WI 53214
Date: Sunday, November 22nd
Hours: 10 a.m. to 7 p.m.
Holiday Folk Fair International is a program of the International Institute of Wisconsin, a nonprofit social service organization dedicated to racial, cultural and ethnic understanding. The annual event, now in its 72nd year, honors the cultural heritage of the people living in southeastern Wisconsin. The theme of the 2015 Folk Fair is “Celebrate the Culture of Light.”
On Sunday, November 22nd, the Folk Fair will feature:
- Interdenominational religious service at 10:30 a.m.
- All Nations Theater: traditional music and dance performed by more than 25 cultural groups and guest groups, plus the Young People’s Showcase, with performances at 11:15 a.m. and 12:45 p.m.
- World Café: a wide assortment of delicacies from around the world
- International Stage: young people performing traditional dances
- Tanzhauz (Music Pavilion): dance and sing along with a variety of musical stylings
- Coffee House: enjoy a beverage and baked goods while listening to talented musicians
- Heritage Lane: traditional customs from diverse cultures brought to life
- International Bazaar: cultural artifacts create a unique shopping experience
- Chef’s Stage: local chefs preparing traditional cuisine
- Wisconsin Woodturners
- Old World Wisconsin display
- Bonsai exhibit
- Closing Ceremonies