MILWAUKEE -- Brian Szohr of 9Rounds Fitness in Germantown joins Real Milwaukee to kick off our 30-day squat challenge.
Squats are primarily lower body exercises that work your legs, glutes and core muscles. They can be done anywhere as you are only using your own body weight. They can improve posture, circulation, digestion and are a low impact exercise that almost anybody can do.
CLICK HERE to view the 30-day squat challenge.
Step by Step Guide:
1. Stand tall with your feet hip width apart and your arms down by your side
2. Start to lower your body back as far as you can by pushing your hips back and bending your knees and pushing your body weight into your heels
3. As you are lowering into the squat your arms will start to raise out in front of you for balance
4. Keep a neutral spine at all times and never let your knees go over your toes
5. The lower body should be parallel with the floor and your chest should be lifted at all times not rounded.
6. Pause then lift back up in a controlled movement to the starting position