Suspicious fire at Arizona bar, known as Green Bay Packers fans hangout

This is an archived article and the information in the article may be outdated. Please look at the time stamp on the story to see when it was last updated.

CAVE CREEK, AZ — A bar in metro Phoenix that serves as a gathering spot for fans of the Green Bay Packers was severely damaged by a fire that authorities have called suspicious.

The cause of Thursday’s fire at the Buffalo Chip Saloon & Steakhouse in Cave Creek is being examined by investigators from the Maricopa County Sheriff’s Office

The building’s front portion was destroyed. A back patio was untouched because it was protected by a fire wall.

Rural Metro Fire Department spokesman Colin Williams says crews were confident they extinguished the fire.

But sheriff’s officers who were at the restaurant investigating the blaze later discovered that a fire was burning into the building’s attic.

It’s unclear how many fires burned in the building.

No injuries were reported as a result of the fire.

1 Comment

Comments are closed.