Milwaukee residents take note: Property tax bills to be mailed on Friday
MILWAUKEE — Milwaukee’s 2015 property tax bills are expected to be mailed to taxpayers on Friday, December 11th. According to City Treasurer Spencer Coggs, that means most taxpayers will receive their property tax bills on Saturday.
Taxpayers that do not receive their property tax bills by Wednesday, December 16th, should contact the City Treasurer’s Office, Customer Services Division, at 414-286-2240, and request a duplicate tax bill. Tax bill copies are also available at no charge at milwaukee.gov/treasurer.
Coggs urges taxpayers to avoid the parking challenges and long lines at City Hall and do one of the following:
- Mail in their tax payments using the return remittance envelope enclosed with their tax bills; or
- Make their tax payments at any one of thirteen US Bank branches located within the City of Milwaukee; or
- Pay their taxes in full using the electronic payment options available via the Internet on the Office of the City Treasurer Home Page at URL: http://www.milwaukee.gov/treasurer; or
- Enroll in the electronic funds transfer installment payment plan. The enrollment form is available via the Internet on the Office of the City Treasurer Home Page at URL: http://www.milwaukee.gov/treasurer.
Here is a list of the locations of the US Bank branches that will accept City of Milwaukee property tax payments on 2015 tax levy accounts:
- 7901 W. Burleigh Street, Milwaukee, WI 53222
- 9921 W. Capitol Drive, Milwaukee, WI 53222
- 777 E. Wisconsin Avenue, Milwaukee, WI 53202
- 2303 N. Farwell Avenue, Milwaukee, WI 53211
- 7500 W. Good Hope Road, Milwaukee, WI 53223
- 4015 S. Howell Avenue, Milwaukee, WI 53207
- 5526 W. Capitol Drive, Milwaukee, WI 53216
- 939 W. Historic Mitchell Street, Milwaukee, WI 53204
- 5220 W. North Avenue, Milwaukee, WI 53208
- 7325 W. Oklahoma Avenue, Milwaukee, WI 53219
- 650 N. Plankinton Avenue, Milwaukee, WI 53259
- 3720 W. Villard Avenue, Milwaukee, WI 53209
- 2537 W. Wisconsin Avenue, Milwaukee, WI 53233
Beginning Friday, December 11th and continuing through Thursday, December 31st, a limited number of 15 minute parking spaces at no charge would be made available by the Department of Public Works on the following City streets:
- North Water Street between East Wells Street and East State Street;
- East Wells Street between North Water Street and North Broadway Street; and
- East Kilbourn Avenue between North Water Street and North Broadway Street.
Validated parking at a discounted rate will also be available at the Milwaukee Center Parking Garage located at North Water Street and East Kilbourn Avenue for up to a maximum of five hours, according to Coggs. Taxpayers will need to have their Milwaukee Center Parking Garage ticket validated at the City Hall Information Booth to qualify for the discounted rate. Questions or concerns regarding available street parking around City Hall, or validated parking at the Milwaukee Center Parking Garage, should be directed to the Department of Public Works at 414-286-3261.
Treasurer Coggs indicated that a drop box for property tax payments is available inside the Market Street entrance to City Hall seven days a week, twenty-four hours a day, including City holidays.
A second drop box is also available inside the Broadway Street entrance to the Frank P. Zeidler Municipal Building, but can only be accessed during regular business hours when the building is open, 8:00 A.M. to 4:45 P.M. The municipal building will be closed on the City Holidays of Christmas Eve and Day, New Year’s Eve and Day, and the Martin Luther King Jr. Holiday. Taxpayers should not deposit CASH payments in either of these drop boxes. Tax payments deposited in these drop boxes may be credited on the following business day, according to Coggs.
As in the past, Treasurer Coggs noted that those taxpayers who mail in their tax payment, pay via an Internet payment option, or deposit their tax payment in a drop box, will be sent an official tax receipt by mail within five working days of payment processing. The exception would be if the amount paid was an installment payment. In that case, the payment will be acknowledged on the next installment billing statement.
The City Treasurer’s Office will be open daily, Monday through Friday, from 8:15 A.M. to 4:30 P.M. according to Coggs. The office will also be open on New Year’s Eve, Thursday, December 31st from 8:15 A.M. to 3:00 P.M.
The City Treasurer’s Office will be closed on:
- Christmas Eve, Thursday, December 24th;
- Christmas Day, Friday, December 25th;
- New Year’s Day, Friday, January 1st; as well as
- The Martin Luther King Jr. Holiday on Monday, January 18th.
For additional information on the 2015 Combined Property Tax Bills or on making property tax payments, taxpayers should reference the cream colored brochure included with the tax bills or visit the Office of the City Treasurer Home Page on the Internet at URL: http://www.milwaukee.gov/treasurer.
Taxpayers may also call the City Treasurer’s Office, Customer Services Division, at 414-286-2240 with any questions on their tax bills or payment options.