High levels of carbon monoxide: Hubbard Park Lodge in Shorewood evacuated & closed

This is an archived article and the information in the article may be outdated. Please look at the time stamp on the story to see when it was last updated.

SHOREWOOD — High levels of carbon monoxide led to the closure of the Hubbard Park Lodge in Shorewood on Sunday, December 13th.

North Shore Fire officials tell FOX6 News high levels of carbon monoxide were detected in the lodge’s basement.

The building was evacuated in an effort to isolate where the carbon monoxide was coming from.

No one was injured.

Officials tell FOX6 News a contractor was able to pinpoint the problem, and that it concerns a water heater that would need to be fixed.

The lodge was able to reopen by 1:00 p.m. and the lodge closed at 2:00 p.m. for normal closing time.

We’re told the problem has been diagnosed and fixed.

Hubbard Park Lodge in Shorewood

Hubbard Park Lodge in Shorewood

Monitor FOX6 News and FOX6Now.com for updates on this developing story.

 

 

Google Map for coordinates 43.083732 by -87.891898.

Notice: you are using an outdated browser. Microsoft does not recommend using IE as your default browser. Some features on this website, like video and images, might not work properly. For the best experience, please upgrade your browser.