MILWAUKEE -- Did you know today is National Meatball Day? Noodles and Company is celebrating with a brand new Korean barbecue meatball. Noodles and Company general manager Joe Bath joins FOX6 WakeUp with the details.
Korean BBQ Meatballs
Recipe for the Home Chef
Makes 32 - 1 oz. Meatballs
Ingredients for Korean BBQ Sauce:
- 1 tsp. fresh ginger, peeled & minced
- 4 cloves fresh garlic, minced
- 1 cup soy sauce
- ¾ cup brown sugar
- 1 Tb. rice wine vinegar
- 1 tsp. sesame oil
- 1 Tb. gochujang paste (or to desired spice level)
- 1 tsp. red chili flakes
- 1 Tb. cornstarch
- 1 Tb. water
Ingredients for Meatballs (you can also use frozen or your personal favorite meatball recipe):
- 1 lb. ground chicken
- 1 lb. ground beef
- 2 egg s
- 2 tsp salt
- 1 tsp. white pepper
For the Meatballs:
- Mix ground chicken and beef with eggs, salt & white pepper.
- Portion and roll into 1 oz. size balls and place on oiled sheet pan.
- Bake at 350 degrees for about 20 minutes.
For the Sauce:
- Place ginger, garlic, soy sauce, brown sugar, rice wine vinegar, sesame oil, gochujang paste and red chili flakes in a pan and bring to a boil.
- Wisk cornstarch and water together and add into boiling sauce, stir until thickened.
- Reduce heat to medium and simmer for 5 minutes.
- Add in heated meatballs and toss to coat completely with the sauce.
- Place glazed meatballs on a serving platter & garnish with black & white sesame seeds.