MILWAUKEE -- Art In Bloom is now on display at the Milwaukee Art Museum, but you have to act fast. Laura spent the morning checking out the beautiful floral displays.
Art In Bloom (website)
Four days only – then it gets mulched! Shake off the winter doldrums at the beloved Art in Bloom festivities this spring. View stunning art-inspired floral installations in the newly renovated Collection Galleries, and botanic and landscape features in the Calatrava-designed Quadracci Pavilion. Browse marketplaces filled with flowers, clothing, beauty products, garden accessories, and more from local vendors and artisans. Bring the entire family. There is something for everyone— and all ages!
Thurs, March 17, 5:30–8 p.m.
- Meet the design experts behind Art in Bloom’s floral masterpieces.
- Enjoy the marketplace, food by Café Calatrava, a cash bar and enjoy the Iron Design competition. Meet the 2016 Iron Design Competitors – Jamie Beauchamp, Bjorn Chinander, Sarah Gutierrez
- Professionally judged awards announced
- Collection galleries open with artwork-inspired floral arrangements.
- People’s Choice Awards voting begins for First, Second, Third Place and Honorable Mention.
Designer Awards, Acknowledgments, Iron Florist Competition Kids and Families