MILWAUKEE -- The first week of the new Zipper Merge on I-94 is in the books. Ryan Luck with the Wisconsin Department of Transportation to talk about every that is going to impact your commute.
- The I-94 Eastbound Zipper Merge has been working well / pretty much as expected this week.
- I-94 EAST traffic is experiencing an additional 5-10 minutes of delays during rush hour. This was the expected additional delay due to the lane closure.
- Queue lengths are approximately 1 mile longer during rush hour. This was the expected queue length due to the lane closure.
- Alternate Route operations:
- The primary alternate routes (Bluemound Rd and Greenfield Ave) are performing well. The travel times along the detour routes have been similar or better than the freeway times.
- Greenfield travels times are good but Bluemound has plenty of capacity and somewhat better travel times, so this might be better option for some travelers.
Friday, March 18
- Full closure of Curtis Road, under I-94, from 6AM Friday, 3/18 through 7AM Sunday, 3/20 - for demolition of the I-94 East bridge over Curtis Road
- Overnight Full Closure of I-41 South at Watertown Plank Road for barrier wall work 11PM - 6AM
Wednesday, March 23 and Thursday, March 24