MILWAUKEE -- When you need to buy something, do you need straight to Amazon or another big box online retailer? Well, you might want to skip those and go straight to the source. Jordon Meyer with Granular Marketing joined the Studio A team to talk about "niche retailers."
Benefits of buying from a niche online retailer vs. Amazon or Priceline
- Equipatron.com is a perfect example of good service:
- Small and specialized customer service team that knows the product
- They take the time to help solve complex issues for customers.
- They hire people from manufacturers, ex-dealers, ex-mechanics who better than anyone at a 'big box' store. know their products inside and out, quite literally.
Subject matter experts / More savvy
- Knowmad Adventures - South American travel experts.
- Small, family run travel company out of Minneapolis, MN
- They only focus on trips to South America and on top of that, they focus on more adventurous travel, not beach resort vacations. Very focused and extreme expertise.
Fun example: 'Bags' or 'cornhole' party game maker Victory Tailgate specializes in making these game boards
- Versus an Amazon or other mass E-tailer where you may get a lot of options, but not as many high quality options or the quality as a company like Victory Tailgate who hand-makes all of their boards in Orlando, FL.
- Small or niche E-tailers will often be willing to negotiate 5-15% without much hassle. This is especially true if there are lower prices online, but you tell them that you prefer to buy it from them. They`ll typically be happy to match the price in order to win your business.
- Pick up the phone, talk to the owner or one of the team members on a small team. Ask for a discount.