MILWAUKEE -- If you're in the mood for tacos tonight, we've got a great recipe you can try at home. Angela Horkan with the Wisconsin Beef Council joined FOX6 WakeUp with a skirt streak street taco recipe.
Skirt Steak Street Tacos
- 1 Skirt Steak, cut into 4 to 6-inch portions (1-1/2 to 2 pounds), sliced across the grain into thin strips OR 1 Flank Steak (1-1/2 to 2 pounds), sliced across the grain into thin strips
- 12 six-inch corn tortillas
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1 teaspoon oil
- 1 cup diced onion
- 1/2 cup cilantro leaves, roughly chopped
- 2 cups thinly sliced red cabbage
Cilantro Lime Vinaigrette:
- 3/4 cup cilantro leaves
- Juice from 2 limes
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- 4 teaspoons minced garlic
- 1/4 cup white vinegar
- 4 teaspoons sugar
- 1/4 cup milk
- 1/2 cup sour cream
Find the complete recipe here: Crème De La Crumb.
Buffalo-Style Beef Tacos
1 pound Ground Beef (95% lean)1/4 cup cayenne pepper sauce for Buffalo wings8 taco shells1 cup thinly sliced lettuce1/4 cup reduced fat or regular prepared blue cheese dressing1/2 cup shredded carrot1/3 cup chopped celery2 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantroCarrot and celery sticks or cilantro sprigs (optional)
- Heat large nonstick skillet over medium heat until hot. Add Ground Beef; cook 8 to 10 minutes, breaking into small crumbles and stirring occasionally. Remove from skillet with slotted spoon; pour off drippings. Return to skillet; stir in pepper sauce. Cook and stir 1 minute or until heated through.
- Meanwhile, heat taco shells according to package directions.
- Evenly spoon beef mixture into taco shells. Add lettuce; drizzle with dressing. Top evenly with carrot, celery and cilantro. Garnish with carrot and celery sticks or cilantro sprigs, if desired.
One quarter cup prepared ranch dressing combined with 2 tablespoons crumbled blue cheese may be substituted for blue cheese dressing.Cook's Tip: Cooking times are for fresh or thoroughly thawed Ground Beef. Ground Beef should be cooked to an internal temperature of 160ºF. Color is not a reliable indicator of Ground Beef doneness.