Hub for reliable, timely news about COVID-19 pandemic

Kitchen fire inside UW-Parkside Student Center causes up to $30K in damages

This is an archived article and the information in the article may be outdated. Please look at the time stamp on the story to see when it was last updated.

KENOSHA — Authorities responded to a kitchen fire that took place inside the UW-Parkside Student Center Friday, May 20th.

The call for the fire came in to officials shortly after 7:00 p.m.


According to the Kenosha Fire Department, the small fire started in the kitchen area of the Brookstone Grill and Eatery — a cafeteria-style setting for students inside the Student Center.

The fire was contained to the kitchen and was controlled by the sprinkler system and then put out by the fire department.


The Student Center was closed at the time of the incident.

Officials say there is roughly $25,000 to $30,000 worth of fire and water damage.

No one was injured.

Monitor FOX6 News and for updates on this story.

Google Map for coordinates 42.645507 by -87.853026.

Notice: you are using an outdated browser. Microsoft does not recommend using IE as your default browser. Some features on this website, like video and images, might not work properly. For the best experience, please upgrade your browser.