Frank Lopez Jr., accused in shooting death of 18-year-old Audrea Williams pleads not guilty

This is an archived article and the information in the article may be outdated. Please look at the time stamp on the story to see when it was last updated.

Frank Lopez Jr.

MILWAUKEE COUNTY — 19-year-old Frank Lopez Jr., accused in the shooting death of 18-year-old Audrea Williams, has pleaded not guilty.

Lopez Jr. was in court Monday, May 23rd for his preliminary hearing — after the court found him competent to proceed in this case earlier this month.

Lopez Jr. has been ordered to stand trial in this case.

A scheduling conference has been set for June 7th.

A $250,000 cash bond was reinstated in this case.

The fatal shooting happened on March 30th at a home near 81st and Villard.

Frank Lopez Jr.

Frank Lopez Jr.

Lopez Jr. is facing one count of first degree reckless homicide, use of a dangerous weapon.

According to the criminal complaint, police were dispatched to the home, and came upon a woman who was flagging down officers who said: “Hurry, she’s losing consciousness.”

Police found Williams lying on the floor in a bedroom at the home near 81st and Villard. A man was holding a cloth to the back of Williams’ head, applying pressure to her wound. Police observed Williams to be breathing slowly, but unable to answer questions.

Audrea Williams and Frank Lopez Jr.

Audrea Williams and Frank Lopez Jr.

A .25 caliber casing was found on the floor, near Williams.

No other casings were found in the home.

Williams died after being transported to the hospital from the scene.

Homicide at 81st and Villard

Homicide at 81st and Villard

An autopsy determined Williams died as a result of a single gunshot wound to her head. Her death was ruled a homicide.

The complaint indicates investigators spoke with the woman who had initially flagged down officers at the scene. She indicated she was in her bedroom in the home with a man — and that Williams and Lopez Jr. were also in the home.

At one point, the woman told investigators she heard “screaming and yelling.” When she ran out of her bedroom, the woman told investigators she asked Lopez Jr. what he had done, and Lopez Jr. said “I didn’t do nothing. She shot herself.”

Homicide at 81st and Villard

Homicide at 81st and Villard

The woman said she never heard any gunshots — but she did see Williams on the ground, bleeding from her head.

After the shooting, the woman told investigators Lopez Jr. fled the scene.

The man who was in the home at the time of the shooting said he heard Williams and Lopez Jr. arguing for about 10 minutes before hearing a single gunshot. Then, the man told investigators that Lopez Jr. came out of a bedroom and said: “I just shot my baby’s mama!” The man described Lopez Jr. as “distraught, angry and possibly crying,” saying: “I can’t lose my baby’s mama.”

Homicide at 81st and Villard

Homicide at 81st and Villard

The man said he attempted to calm Lopez Jr. down, but he backed away and fled the home.

Lopez Jr. turned himself in on April 1st.

According to police, a witness took the couple’s two-month-old baby from the scene briefly, but the baby was returned and was then with Child Protective Services.

1 Comment

  • STM

    Another piece of trash who has no business fathering a baby. That baby will grow up just like the loser he is. Lock him up forever and if he is ever freed then castrate him so he can’t pass on anymore of his vile genes. Sterilize his momma as well so she can’t do the same since she has proven she isn’t capable of raising a proper law abiding respectful child.

Comments are closed.