“It’s crazy:” Father, girlfriend with connections to Milwaukee charged in death of man’s daughter

This is an archived article and the information in the article may be outdated. Please look at the time stamp on the story to see when it was last updated.

GEORGIA — A father and his girlfriend with connections to Milwaukee are facing charges after a body, believed to be that of the man’s seven-year-old daughter, was found in a lake in Georgia.

Investigators are working to determine whether a body found in the lake near Atlanta is that of the seven-year-old girl.

“I think it’s crazy — because that is your child. You don’ t do something like that to your child. That’s your blood. It’s really crazy. It’s sad — for real,” Aubree Mullins, neighbor said.

Michael Dion Wash and his live-in girlfriend, Lasherae Davis reported seven-year-old Kamaire Wash missing on Thursday, June 30th — prompting a missing persons alert.

A body was found in Lake Allatoona on Wednesday, June 29th — and police believe it’s the body of seven-year-old Kamaire Wash.

“We’ve gotten statements from the father and from a live-in girlfriend who was like a step-mother, so we have gotten some cooperation from them. We are transitioning this investigation from a missing persons to an active homicide investigation,” East Point Police Captain Cliff Chandler said.

Michael Wash is charged with aggravated assault, cruelty to a child, first degree and concealing the death of another — among other charges.

Davis is charged as a party to an aggravated assault among other charges.

“That is so sad. I had no clue. Wow,” Fola Akande, a neighbor said.

According to WGCL, the child’s birth mother lives in Illinois. Court documents from that state show she filed for divorce from Wash’s father in 2010, and in 2012, she filed for child support.

Police say the child had been living with her father for about a year.

“It’s crazy. You hear about this every day, but for it to be so close to home, it’s crazy,” Mullins said.

Police said the couple told them the last time they saw the seven-year-old girl was Wednesday night as they tucked her into bed.

Officers say the father said he woke up on Thursday morning and found the front door open — and the girl missing.


1 Comment

Comments are closed.