WASHINGTON — Nearly 55,000 pounds of chicken bites products have been recalled, because they may be contaminated with extraneous materials, specifically bone, the U.S. Department of Agriculture’s Food Safety and Inspection Service (FSIS) announced Saturday, June 24th.
The “Overhill Farms, Inc.” frozen chicken bites were produced on on Aug. 30th, 2016, Feb. 1st, 2017, Feb. 9th, 2017 and April 25th, 2017.
The following products are subject to recall:
- 3-oz. boxes containing “yummy spoonfuls chicken carrot bites,” with “Best Before” dates of 02/01/18, 02/09/18 and 4/26/2018.
- 3-oz. boxes containing “yummy spoonfuls chicken sweet potato bites,” with “Best Before” dates of 02/01/18 and 02/09/18.
- 3-oz. boxes containing “yummy spoonfuls chicken broccoli bites,” with “Best Before” dates of 08/30/17, 02/20/18 and 4/10/18.
- 30-lb. bulk cases containing Overhill Farms brand “FULLY COOKED ORGANIC CHICKEN BROCCOLI BITES CHICKEN AND VEGETABLE PATTY,” with case code 320422 and packaging date 08/30/16.
- 30-lb. bulk cases containing Overhill Farms brand “FULLY COOKED ORGANIC CHICKEN CARROT BITES CHICKEN PATTIES WITH CARROTS AND CAULIFLOWER,” with case code 320460 and packaging date 02/09/17.
- 30-lb. bulk cases containing Overhill Farms brand “FULLY COOKED ORGANIC CHICKEN SWEET POTATO BITES CHICKEN PATTIES WITH SWEET POTATOES, QUINOA & PEAS,” with case code 320430 and packaging dates 02/09/17 and 04/25/17.
The products subject to recall bear establishment numbers “P2824,” “P6009” or “P44058” inside the USDA mark of inspection. These items were shipped to retail locations nationwide.
The problem was discovered after the firm received consumer complaints involving bone found in the recalled product.
There have been no confirmed reports of adverse reactions due to consumption of these products. Anyone concerned about an injury or illness should contact a healthcare provider.
Consumers who have purchased these products are urged not to consume them. These products should be thrown away or returned to the place of purchase.
FSIS routinely conducts recall effectiveness checks to verify recalling firms notify their customers of the recall and that steps are taken to make certain that the product is no longer available to consumers. When available, the retail distribution list(s) will be posted on the FSIS website at www.fsis.usda.gov/recalls.
Consumers with questions about the recall can contact Yummy Spoonfuls Customer Support, at (844)-986-6948. Media with questions about the recall can contact Katy Saeger, CEO of HARMONICA, at (310) 597-2337.