Food, fun, and fireworks: National Night Out coming to various Milwaukee County Parks
MILWAUKEE –Local bands, K-9 units, and fireworks are among the attractions at nine National Night Out events occurring in Milwaukee County Parks between July 31 and Aug. 31.
“These National Night Out events bring neighbors together with local law enforcement in a positive environment to build a true sense of community,” said Milwaukee County Executive Chris Abele. “These events are another way that Milwaukee County can help strengthen communities by preventing crime and making our neighborhoods stronger.”
According to their website, National Night Out is an annual community-building campaign that promotes police-community partnerships and neighborhood camaraderie to make our neighborhoods a safer, better place to live.
Fireworks will be presented at two locations—off the Oak Leaf Trail, following a St. Francis event, and off the Oak Creek Parkway, following a South Milwaukee event.
Events will be held on the following dates and locations:
- Monday, July 31
- Wedgewood Park, 7201 Wedgewood Drive, will feature the music of Our House, performing in four-part harmony from 6–8 p.m. The event also includes informational displays, a raffle, and food trucks. The Night Out event will run from 6:00–8:30 p.m.
- Tuesday, August 1
- Hales Corners Park, 5765 S. New Berlin Road, will feature music from the ’70s through ’90s, family fun with three bounce houses, and food and beverage sales from local non-profit organizations. The event will run from 5:00–9:00 p.m.
- Kosciuszko Park, 2201 S. 7 St., will feature the music of Nabori, performing Afro-Cuban and Latin jazz. Also included in the event are community resource booths, two bounce houses, food, games, and a police car on display. The Night Out event will run from 4:00–8:00 p.m.
- Lincoln Park, 1301 W. Hampton Ave. (the area adjacent to the Blatz Pavilion), will feature the music of Kelli & the Soulmates, from 6:30–8:30 p.m., free food and activities, and free swimming at the David F. Schulz Aquatic Center from 6-8 p.m. On display during the event will be a fire truck, Survive Alive House, and cars from the Corvette Club. The Night Out event runs from 4:00–8:30 p.m.
- Washington Park, 1859 N. 40 St., will feature community resources, a DJ, Milwaukee Police Department District 3 K-9 unit, an exotic animal display, games, and food. The Night Out event will run from 2:00–6:00 p.m.
- Wednesday, August 2
- City of St. Francis’ Milton Vretenar Memorial Park, 4224 S Kirkwood Ave. Fireworks: Oak Leaf Trail, north of Sheridan Park, 4800 S. Lake Dr. Family fun with the St. Francis Police Department, the Night Out event will run from 6:00–9:15 p.m.
- St. Peter-Immanuel Lutheran School (7801 W. Acacia Street) from 3:00-7:00 p.m.
- Thursday, August 3
- Kops Park, 3321 N. 86 St., will feature local K-9 units, Milwaukee Police Department District 7, Milwaukee County Sheriff’s Department, and Milwaukee Fire Department. Also included are a display of three Corvettes, games, and a raffle. The Night Out event will run from 5:00–8:30 p.m.
- Wednesday, August 16
- South Milwaukee Police Department, 2424 15th Ave, will feature food, games, music, and a raffle from 5:30–9:00 p.m. at their Community Night Out. Fireworks will be set off at the Oak Creek Parkway and Michigan Avenue beginning at 9:00 p.m.
- Thursday, August 31
- Gordon Park, 2828 N. Humboldt Blvd., will feature a DJ, and a car display of the Milwaukee Police Department District 5. Free food and water, while supplies last. The Night Out event will run from 4:00–8:00 p.m.