Important resources to help you navigate the coronavirus (COVID-19) pandemic in Wisconsin
Hub for reliable, timely news about COVID-19 pandemic

‘Ain’t do nothing:’ Competency questioned for man accused of attempting to sexually assault mail carrier

This is an archived article and the information in the article may be outdated. Please look at the time stamp on the story to see when it was last updated.
Data pix.

Lyndon Jackson

MILWAUKEE -- A 28-year-old man was in court Saturday, Jan. 27 -- accused of attempting to sexually assault a mail carrier. A rambunctious Lyndon Jackson entered a Milwaukee County courtroom -- cursing and talking uncontrollably.

Lyndon Jackson

"Is my mama in this (expletive)?" Jackson asked. "I had just gotten a job at Staffer Partners making $2,500 a week."

Attempted sexual assault near 32nd and Wells

He was heard rambling until his microphone was cut off. Jackson was cuffed and in court on a charge of attempted second degree sexual assault.

Lyndon Jackson

"Ya'll know I ain't do nothing to that lady," Jackson said.

According to the criminal complaint, the 53-year-old female mail carrier was near the area of 32nd and Wells delivering mail around 10:30 a.m. Wednesday, Jan. 24. She had a postal bin in her hands as she was delivering mail when she heard a man yelling nearby. The man, Lyndon Jackson, was walking along the sidewalk, carrying a large black bag. The mail carrier said Jackson was "foaming at the mouth" and "acting crazy."

Jackson dropped his bag and then came towards the mail carrier saying, "I'm fixin' to get some (expletive) today." The  criminal complaint says Jackson was looking right at her when he said it and he kept approaching her until he was just an arm's length away. To defend herself, she swung the postal bin at Jackson, hitting him twice -- but that did not stop him. The victim started swinging her arms and attempting to fight him off while screaming for help.

Lyndon Jackson

Lyndon Jackson

A witness nearby said "something didn't seem right" so she ran up to them and told the mail carrier to run and call 911. The witness, a female security guard who was carrying her gun in a holster, asked Jackson what he was doing. He responded by saying, "I'm gonna rape her." She then fired three shots into the ground. Shortly thereafter, police responded to the scene.

Police instructed the witness to drop the weapon -- which she did. As officers approached Jackson, he refused to listen to commands and refused to show officers his hands. Force was used to get Jackson to follow directions. Jackson was then placed into custody.

While in court, Jackson was ordered to have a competency examination and he was remanded into custody. He's due back in court on Feb. 15 for the return of the doctor's report.

Google Map for coordinates 43.040297 by -87.954388.

Notice: you are using an outdated browser. Microsoft does not recommend using IE as your default browser. Some features on this website, like video and images, might not work properly. For the best experience, please upgrade your browser.