MILWAUKEE -- Did you make a commitment to be healthier in 2018 but are falling short of your goals? Don't sweat it! Our registered dietitian Lisa Grudzielanek with Your Tasty Life joins Real Milwaukee with positive changes you can make any day of the year.
• Almost half of American vow to make some sort of change in their life in the new year.
• After 30 days, 8% of people that set new year`s goals are successful.
There are three reasons for this problem:
1. People make unrealistic resolutions.
2. People set too many goals.
3. People don`t equip themselves with the mental attitude to fight off doubt and continue with their goals.
5 Tips to Reach Your Wellness Goals in 2018
1) Be honest with yourself.
- Take a look at where you are at NOW and what do you want to achieve in 2018?
2) Write down your top 3 goals
- Make them very specific, succinct and actionable.
- What does 'eating healthier' specifically mean & how will you go about doing that?
3) Make a list of your 'whys'
- What are your true motivators? What are your WHYs?
4) Plan for setback
- A good indicator of future behavior is past behavior. What happened in 2017 that took you off track? Plan ahead for a contingency plan.
5) Get accountability & support
- Be held accountable for the goal(s) you are trying to achieve. Have your accountability partner remind you of your why.
- Seek support from friends & family.