Syrian news agency reports missile attack; 8 missiles shot down

This is an archived article and the information in the article may be outdated. Please look at the time stamp on the story to see when it was last updated.

The Trump administration unveiled new travel restrictions on September 24, 2017 on certain foreigners from Chad, Iran, Libya, North Korea, Somalia, Syria, Venezuela and Yemen as a replacement to a central portion of its controversial travel ban signed earlier this year.

SYRIA — Syria’s state-run news agency says the military’s air defenses have confronted a missile attack on air base in central Syria and shot down eight missiles.

The report on SANA says the attack on the T4 military airbase in Homs province “is likely to be an American aggression.”

However, U.S. officials tell The Associated Press that the U.S. has not launched airstrikes on Syria.

SANA says the attack resulted in a number of casualties.

The report comes after a suspected poison gas attack killed at least 40 in the eastern suburbs of Damascus, the last foothold for the Syrian opposition in the area.

President Donald Trump has promised a “big price to pay” for the suspected chemical attack.

Israel has also struck inside Syria in recent years.

Notice: you are using an outdated browser. Microsoft does not recommend using IE as your default browser. Some features on this website, like video and images, might not work properly. For the best experience, please upgrade your browser.