MILWAUKEE — On Saturday, May 19, bikers participated in the 15th Annual Support the Troops Ride.
The event began at 9 a.m. with registration and a complimentary pancake and sausage breakfast at the Iron Town Harley-Davidson in New Berlin. Then the ride began at 11 a.m. from Iron Town to the Harley-Davidson Museum in Milwaukee.
Bikers passed the Fisher House and Miller Park. The ride ends with a memorial ceremony at the Harley-Davidson Museum, which includes a 21-gun salute, taps and a wreath laying.
The military display will be in full swing until 3 p.m. on Saturday at the Harley Davidson Museum grounds. Military equipment and interactive displays are available for attendees to see and experience. The event offers a unique experience to talk with all branches of the military to learn about their experiences and the challenges they face maintaining our freedom.
Harley-Davidson held other events in during Milwaukee Armed Forces Week. Most notably was Monday, May 14's Armed Forces Week Banquet at the Wisconsin Club, featuring prestigious guests such as Bob “Mr. Baseball” Uecker and Lt. Gen. Daniel Leaf. Other events included the Civic Dinner Dance on Thursday, May 17.
Interested in other upcoming Harley-Davidson events? Here are a few events you can put on your calendar:
- Inside H-D: All-Day Experience
- Offered the first Friday of the month (June-October). Also available for private group bookings. (12-person minimum).
- The Inside H-D: All-Day Experience is an in-depth immersion into the world of Harley-Davidson. This guided tour kicks off in front of The Shed on the Harley-Davidson Museum® campus, where you’ll learn about the humble beginnings of the world’s most iconic motorcycle brand. Then it’s time to go inside the Harley-Davidson Museum for an exclusive guided tour featuring new exhibit content and conversation with the Curatorial, Archives or Conservation professionals who are behind the engaging stories on display and behind-the-scenes at the Museum. After the tour, the group will head over to Harley-Davidson Corporate Headquarters located on Juneau Avenue – which is listed on the National Register of Historic Places. Lunch is served while employees from HDMC and the Harley-Davidson University will swap stories and provide a glimpse of the inner workings of H-D. Upon returning to the Museum, tour participants are invited to enjoy a special discount for The Shop at the H-D Museum™, where you’ll find unique clothes and merchandise found nowhere else. The day concludes with happy hour at MOTOR® Bar & Restaurant. Transportation to and from Corporate Headquarters is included.
- Bikes Brats & Beer Tour
- Thursdays @ 3 p.m. and Sundays @ 10 a.m. (June through August)
- Get an authentic taste of American history and culture on Harley-Davidson Museum’s Bikes Brats & Beer Tour, offered in partnership with Milwaukee Food & City Tours®. The 3 1/2-hour excursion begins with a guided H-D Museum tour, highlighting Harley-Davidson’s journey from garage start-up to iconic global brand. Next, you’ll board the tour bus for a close-up look at Milwaukee’s legendary beer and sausage-making heritage, traveling through the Menomonee and Miller Valleys and downtown Milwaukee. Narrated points of interest include Miller Park, Miller Brewing Company, the family mansions of Milwaukee beer barons, Pabst Brewery Complex, Schlitz Park, and Usinger’s Famous Sausage Shop. Purchase tickets online or in person at the H-D Museum lobby.
- Inside H-D: All-Day Experience
- SAVE THE DATES
- June 9 – Ride with Pride launch
- June 17 – Father’s Day – Free H-D Museum Admission
- June 23 – 5th Annual Bessie Stringfield Ride landing
- July 12 – 15 – Wild Ones: Vintage Motorcycle Rally and H-D Museum 10th Birthday Celebration 115th Anniversary
- Aug. 29–Sept. 2, 2018
- Mark your calendars because, for our 115th Anniversary, we're throwing parties for the people. Celebrations all about riding, racing, meeting new friends and connecting with people from all over the world who share a passion for the freedom of two wheels. The H-D Museum™ will be the Central Rally Point all week-long, and riders will have a list of destination rides and bike shows from which to choose.
- Living the Legend™ Rivets: To honor the 115th Anniversary of Harley-Davidson, the H-D Museum is rolling out bold new ways to make your mark in history. Honor your H-D journey – or celebrate the legacy of a loved one – with a customized Living the Legend Rivet. Engraved in tough, electropolished stainless steel, displayed on the Museum grounds, your rivet will inspire visitors and other riders for generations to come. Order by June 15 for installation in time for the Harley Davidson 115th Anniversary Celebration in Milwaukee.
About Milwaukee Armed Forces Week
The 2018 Milwaukee Armed Forces Week, to be held Monday, May 14 – Saturday, May 19, is a joint effort of the Milwaukee Armed Services Committee, composed of members of the United States Army, Navy, Air Forces, Marine Corps, Coast Guard and National Guard, as well as Milwaukee-area citizens and veterans. Its mission is to increase public understanding of the role of the military in a democratic society as well as honor and acknowledge Milwaukee-area men and women serving in the Armed Forces of the United States. For more information, please visit their website and follow the organization on Facebook and Twitter.