Summerfest announces new activities on tap for Sunday, July 1
MILWAUKEE — Summerfest has added new activities to their schedule for Sunday, July 1.
At 2:10 p.m on the Johnson Controls World Sound Stage, Milwaukee’s Florentine Opera Company will make their world debut. The Summer Concert Residency Quartet will perform a fusion of well-known and beloved traditional opera pieces alongside pop favorites with POPera Florentine.
Summerfest is partnering with the Milwaukee County War Memorial Center to salute the military with a special ceremony on the U.S. Cellular Connection Stage. At 3:15 p.m., the on-stage presentation will feature patriotic music, a speech from a Vietnam Veteran and local representatives from each branch of the military. This event is being held in conjunction with Military Appreciation Day with News/Talk 1130 WISN.
And lastly, it’s Sunday Fun-Day! From 4 p.m. to 6 p.m., you can celebrate Sunday Fun-Day present by Subway at the fest with daytime headliners and all beverages (excluding ice cream drinks and smoothies) are 50% off. In addition, admission tickets are only $10. Artists include:
- Nick Lowe featuring Los Straitjackets – 4:00 p.m. – BMO Harris Pavilion
- A Flock of Seagulls – 4:00 p.m. – U.S. Cellular Connection Stage
- Lynch Mob – 4:00 p.m. – Briggs & Stratton Big Backyard
- Edgar Winter Group – 6:00 p.m. – Harley-Davidson Roadhouse
- Great White – 6:00 p.m. – Briggs & Stratton Big Backyard