WHITEFISH BAY -- Storms on Wednesday night, July 4 put a damper on multiple fireworks shows across southeast Wisconsin. Those storms forced some to call off their Fourth of July display completely.
But fear not, those shows have been rescheduled and we have a list of the new times and dates below:
- Elm Grove: Thursday, July 5 at 9:30 p.m. at Village Park
- Whitefish Bay: Thursday, July 5 at 9:30 p.m. at Klode Park
- Sussex: Thursday, July 5 at 9:20 p.m. at Village Park
- Brookfield: Thursday, July 5 at 9:15 p.m. at Mitchell Park
- Germantown: Thursday, July 5 at 9:30 p.m. at Fireman's Park
- Shorewood: Friday, July 6 at 9:30 p.m. or dusk at Atwater Park
- Wauwatosa: Wednesday, July 25 at 9:15 p.m. at Hart Park
Ted Gronski and his sister Diane were at Klode Park in Whitefish Bay Thursday to get their spot for the July 5 fireworks show.
"It was a little disappointing for my kids, but we'll catch it tonight," said Diane Gronski.
"This is the best spot I have ever had since I've lived in the Bay. I'm usually a back-of-the-bencher," said Ted Gronski.
Village leaders decided to postpone the Fourth of July fireworks show due to the storms that moved in on Wednesday evening.
"It was a disappointment that the evening was so wet and the fireworks were canceled, but that stuff happens," said John Taphorn.
The Gronski's blanket and tarp were not far from empty chairs and a wagon left behind by people planning to return on Thursday.
"This is giving me the opportunity to get front row, so I'm really happy about that," said Ted Gronski.
In Shorewood, they'll wait until Friday for the big show.
"We were excited to show them the fireworks and the neighborhood. Unfortunately the weather didn't work out," said Agnes Berzsenyi.
Municipalities do have contingency plans in case Mother Nature doesn't want to cooperate on the Fourth of July.
"When the fireworks go off and you feel that rumble in your stomach because you're so close to where they're going off, I love that," said Diane Gronski.