Hub for reliable, timely news about COVID-19 pandemic

Alert passer-by notices smoke, alerts 7 sleeping residents to fire in their Grafton home

This is an archived article and the information in the article may be outdated. Please look at the time stamp on the story to see when it was last updated.

GRAFTON — Two adults and five children were able to escape a fire at their home that broke out while they were sleeping Monday morning, Aug. 20.

According to the Grafton Fire Department, and alert passer-by noticed smoke shortly before 6 a.m. and called to report the fire at 6th and Washington. That good Samaritan then alerted the sleeping residents to the fire.

Firefighters were able to contain the fire to the attic.

There were no injuries reported, but there was significant smoke and water damage throughout the home.

Below are photos via the Grafton Fire Department, posted to social media:

PHOTO GALLERY

Notice: you are using an outdated browser. Microsoft does not recommend using IE as your default browser. Some features on this website, like video and images, might not work properly. For the best experience, please upgrade your browser.