Coverage of the Bucks’ run in the NBA Playoffs 🏀

Child playing with cigarette lighter causes fire in Racine

RAINCE — The Racine Fire Department was called out to a possible structure fire near Green Street and 3 Mile Road Sunday night, Oct. 14.

People inside were able to extinguish most of the bedroom fire before fire crews arrived.

So when firefighters got to the scene just after 7 p.m., they cooled down the area of the bedroom closet where the fire started.

According to fire officials, the cause of the fire was a child was playing with a cigarette lighter. No one was injured.

Fire damage was contained to the closet and bedroom.

Notice: you are using an outdated browser. Microsoft does not recommend using IE as your default browser. Some features on this website, like video and images, might not work properly. For the best experience, please upgrade your browser.