MILWAUKEE -- It's tailgating season! Angela Horkan from the Wisconsin Beef Council joins FOX6 WakeUp with a recipe perfect for the next Brewers game.
Grilled Spicy Steak Salad with Guacamole Salsa
- 1 beef Top Sirloin Steak Boneless, cut 3/4 inch thick (about 1 pound)
- 8 cups mixed salad greens
- 1/2 cup Herdez® Guacamole Salsa, divided
- 1 cup cherry or grape tomatoes, cut in half
- 1/2 cup thinly sliced red onion
- 1 can (11 ounces) Mandarin oranges, drained
- 1/3 cup fresh lime juice
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
Combine marinade ingredients in small bowl. Place beef steaks and marinade in food-safe plastic bag; turn steak to coat. Close bag securely and marinate in refrigerator 1 hour.
Remove steaks from marinade; discard marinade. Place steaks on grid over medium, ash-covered coals. Grill, covered, 7 to 11 minutes (over medium heat on preheated gas grill, 8 to 13 minutes) for medium rare (145°F) to medium (160°F) doneness, turning occasionally.
Carve steaks across the grain into thin slices. Season with salt, as desired. Toss salad greens with 1/4 cup Herdez® Guacamole Salsa; arrange on serving platter. Top with tomatoes, onion, oranges and beef. Drizzle with remaining 1/4 cup salsa.