MILWAUKEE -- City of Milwaukee residents who wish to park their vehicles overnight on City streets can buy their 2019 annual virtual parking permits and 4-month, first trimester permits beginning Thursday, Dec. 20
When residents buy the annual or four-month overnight permit they will receive a confirmation number and their license plate becomes their permit. Parking Enforcement Officers scan the license plates of cars parked on City streets overnight to determine if a valid parking permit has been purchased.
Frequently asked questions about purchasing a 2019 overnight permit:
How much does the permit cost?
- Annual permit: $55
- Four-month permit valid Jan. 1 – Apr. 30: $20
- If purchasing a permit online, a $1 convenience fee will be added
- $20 citation for failure to purchase an overnight permit
Where do I go to get a permit?
- Purchase online at milwaukee.gov/milwaukeepermits using a MasterCard, VISA or Discover credit/debit card. This is the most convenient way to buy an overnight permit – no standing in line to pay in person
- Purchase at all three Violation Bureau payment sites – Cash, MasterCard, VISA, and Discover accepted
- 6223 N. Teutonia – Hours: M-F 9 a.m.-6 p.m. and Saturdays 8 a.m.- noon
- 2980 S. Chase – Hours: M-F 9 a.m.-6 p.m. and Saturdays 8 a.m. - noon
- 941 N. James Lovell, 2nd Fl. – Hours: M-F 8 a.m. -5 p.m.
- Purchase at the City Tow Lot, 3811 W. Lincoln – Hours: M-F 8 a.m.-6 p.m., Saturdays 7:30 am-3 p.m., Sundays 7:30 a.m. to noon
- Purchase at all seven Milwaukee Police Department district locations. Kiosks accept cash, checks, MasterCard, VISA and Discover.
- Because the license plate becomes the permit, residents are reminded to use correct license plate information when purchasing.
- Visit milwaukee.gov/milwaukee permits to purchase your permit online and avoid the hassle of waiting in line.
- For customer service questions or to update vehicle/license plate information, you are urged to call 414-344-0840.
- For information on all parking regulations, please call 414-286-CITY (2489) or go to milwaukee.gov/parking.