LIVE: The White House Coronavirus Task Force delivers an update on the pandemic
Important resources to help you navigate the coronavirus (COVID-19) pandemic in Wisconsin
Hub for reliable, timely news about COVID-19 pandemic

‘This guy is an animal:’ Ramone Jones charged, but at large in fatal stabbing days after release from jail 

This is an archived article and the information in the article may be outdated. Please look at the time stamp on the story to see when it was last updated.
Data pix.

Ramone Jones

MILWAUKEE -- Ramone Jones was charged Wednesday, Feb. 20 in connection with the stabbing death of Jamie Wilson, 36,  near 70th and Fiebrantz on Feb. 5. Prosecutors said Jones shot another man in the back at that same location -- and this happened shortly after he was released from jail.

Jones remained at large as of Wednesday -- with an arrest warrant issued.

"This guy is an animal. He's not a human being," said James Wilson, Jamie's father.

Jones, 42, faces the following criminal charges, filed Wednesday:

  • First degree intentional homicide
  • First degree recklessly endangering safety
  • Battery (misdemeanor)
  • Intentionally pointing a firearm at a person (two counts)
  • Possession of a firearm by a convicted felon (two counts)

Jamie Wilson

According to a criminal complaint, Milwaukee police were called to 70th and Fiebrantz on Jan. 30 for a "shots fired" call.

When officers arrived, they found "the front interior door was off of the hinges and leaning against the door frame and exterior door." The officer heard yelling inside the residence -- and found Jones standing in an area between the kitchen and dining room. The officer also "saw a spent casing on the floor in the dining room. Other officers located a hole in the floor." The residence was searched and "a Taurus 9mm handgun was found inside of a hallway vent."

On Feb. 6, the day after Wilson's death, three charges were filed against Jones in connection with that Jan. 30 incident:

  • Possession of a firearm by a person convicted of a felony
  • Intentionally pointing a firearm at a person -- two counts

An arrest warrant was issued that same day.

On Feb. 4, police interviewed a woman in regard to the incident on Jan. 30. The woman told police Jones was Jamie Wilson's boyfriend and that he "lives there, but he does not pay bills." The woman told police on Jan. 30, Jones knocked in the front door and asked where Jamie was. He "then fired a gun he had and he shot the floor." The complaint said "Jones then stated that he would kill Jamie and Jamie's daughter if they let the police know he had a gun."

Jamie Wilson

James Wilson

Jones was arrested after the Jan. 30 incident, but released on Feb. 3 after posting $1,000 bail.

"I said, 'You can't let this guy out. He's going to hurt my daughter,'" said James Wilson.

On Feb. 4, Wilson herself talked with police and indicated Jones battered her on Jan. 29. She indicated Jones "punched and kicked" her numerous times. She told authorities she suffered pain and bruising all over her body as a result of this incident.

On Feb. 5, officers were dispatched to the residence near 70th and Fiebrantz once again -- this time for a battery/cutting complaint. The complaint said a "child then came out of the garage and said that her mother had been stabbed and she was lying on the garage floor." Despite life-saving attempts, Wilson was declared deceased.

"I just feel like they didn't do their job," said James Wilson.

Fatal stabbing near 70th and Fiebrantz

Ramone Jones

The complaint said police interviewed a woman who was at the residence when Jones entered the home on Feb. 5. The woman said Wilson had kicked Jones out of the house because he "was repeatedly hitting her and threatening her." On Feb. 5, Jones returned to the home with a gun, the complaint said. The woman said she saw Jones shooting the gun two times. She then saw Jones go to the bathroom where Wilson was taking a shower. The complaint said "he began to kick the door" and Jones was eventually able to get inside. Moments later, the complaint said Jones "came out of the bathroom, went into the kitchen, got a knife and returned to the bathroom." The woman told police Jones stabbed Wilson and left the house. The woman then helped Wilson to the bedroom. The complaint said Wilson "couldn't breathe and Jamie then wandered to the garage, where she passed out."

Police described Jones as a male, black, standing 5'7" tall, weighing about 160 pounds with black hair and brown eyes. If you have information that could help Milwaukee police locate Jones, you are urged to call 414-935-7360.

Meanwhile, Jamie Wilson's family set up a account to raise money for her children. CLICK HERE to access that account.

Notice: you are using an outdated browser. Microsoft does not recommend using IE as your default browser. Some features on this website, like video and images, might not work properly. For the best experience, please upgrade your browser.